Welcome to the Organized Art Teacher!

I am so excited to start sharing my classroom with you! I hope I am able to share things that will inspire my colleagues with organization, classroom management, lesson planning, etc. 



I'll start with how I organize my whiteboard. On the left I write the learning target for each grade level. The learning target may change with each step of the project, so I write it with whiteboard markers so I can easily erase and change when necessary. The majority of the whiteboard is for lesson examples and possibly worksheets or activities that go along with the project. I wrote a laminated grade level signs so I could easily move examples around the board depending on how much room I need for a particular assignment. 
You can download the whiteboard grade level signs from my TPT: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Organized-Art-Teacher

Pictured projects are: (details in future posts!)
Kindergarten: Kindness Quilt
First Grade: Geometric and Organic Shapes Collage
Second Grade: Warm and Cool Landscapes
Third Grade: Color Wheel Hexagon
Fourth Grade: Tessellations
Fifth Grade: Complementary Color Wheel

Comments

  1. Sara, I love how everything is so organized. How many student do you teach? Do you try to use similar materials for all grade levels. If so does that help with prep time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I teach about 600-650 students. I do not think about materials in terms of overlapping across grade levels although common materials are shared across grade levels at times. I'll be posting more about materials in the next few weeks. I try to have common materials already organized/ready (colored pencils, scissors, glue, etc.) and i spend my materials prep time on more uncommon materials or things that require more prep time (paint, yarn for weaving, etc.). Hope you will continue to check in on the blog, I hope to post every week! You can subscribe if you would like email updates.

      Delete

Post a Comment