Color Theory

 Its Color Theory time in my classroom and one of my favorite tips with teaching color schemes is using the SAME color wheel worksheet with cutouts for the various color schemes. For stability I laminate the color wheel after the appropriate "slices" have been cut out. For our tactile and visual students this tool can be incredibly helpful to visualize various color schemes and since they are laminated they can be reused. I only have a couple sets and they are used as as needed and returned back to their proper location after use.... Check it out!










I hope this tip helps when trying to get students to not only understand Color Schemes but use them in their artwork! This Color Wheel is available on my TPT. 

A huge part of what I try to teach my students is the importance of planning for an artwork. I have specific planning guidelines in place for every project. Having a plan is its own separate grade for whatever unit the project is in. After teaching Color Schemes, having a color scheme in mind is usually a part of the projects that follow. So I have a color scheme worksheet that is to be filled out if the project or assignment calls for having a color scheme in the planning process. Here are some samples of the color scheme worksheet with the finished artworks they were used for. 



    




This Color Scheme Planning Worksheet is available on TPT!

I hope this post was helpful! If you have any questions or want to share how you help your students with color schemes or color scheme planning drop a line in the comments!

Comments