Classroom Tour: A peek into my classroom

I realized I've given you all some insight into my classroom procedures, expectations, jobs, etc. but I haven't given you a larger view of my classroom. When finding art blogs I often wonder what their room looks like. So here is a tour of my classroom!!




I have 8 very large tables. The blessing is students can work large, the curse is the tables are VERY close. The pathways between tables are narrow and the students LOVE to swing between tables! That is a habit I can't seem to break them of or avoid. But I still love my tables, just wish I had a bit more square footage to spread them apart a little more. I have an L shape counter top. It is a little lower towards the middle and I have two sinks. One sink is shallow and the other is deep. As you may be able to see I have a good amount of cabinet space (both open and closed) as well as flat files (open and close) and vertical slats. I have some heavy duty stools that unfortunately chip really easily (the students "drop" them often!). 

I have a carpeted area in between the two sides of the classroom right in front of the TV. More info on how I "created" this carpet can be found in the K-1 Procedures post here


I am so fortunate to have a double sided display case in my classroom. The other side is seen from the hallway. I tend to display my own little knick knacks in there but also show artwork that students make for me at their house. I've shown some examples of projects but it always feel cluttered.  



This is my first whiteboard when you enter my room. First is my goal tracking display (more info here). I also leave room in the middle for announcements (right now Doodle for Google). Then I have my Leadership Roles (more here). Next to the Leadership Roles are Table Captain tags and Art Teacher in Training Apron. I also put a little "library" in front of this board. I had these two black chairs from the teacher before me so I created a little reading nook. Books are in a basket between the chairs. 



I am so lucky to have a TV in my classroom. Having had just whiteboard and projectors and then SMART boards, I MUCH prefer this TV. I hook up my computer with an HDMI cable and can display my computer on the TV. I also have an iPad (purchased with a grant my school obtained before I came to the school) that can mirror to my laptop with an application on the computer called Reflector (purchased by my school district). You can also see a little of my tape line on the floor for my students to line up on. 



Next to my TV is my second whiteboard. I used this board to communicate learning objectives, projects, examples, etc. More on how I organize my whiteboard here


Next I have my color theory display and Elements and Principles display. The color theory display is explained a little on my Instagram feed (@oragnized_art_teacher). But basically is was a collaborative project made my early finishers from magazines.


We are a Leader in Me school so our habits we teach are displayed on this wall between my windows. Next to is is my Works in Progress Gallery (which was empty when I took this pic Whoops!)


Kiln Room, drying rack, storage room and then back to the counters you saw in the first pics. 



And a little closer look at the counters. For more on how I organize daily materials go here

Thanks for coming on this tour with me and please feel free to ask any questions you have in the comments! 

Comments