Remote Learning Choice Board 8

Here is my latest choice board! If you want to see more about how these boards are created click here. And if you want to see previous choice boards you can click the numbers, onetwothreefourfivesix and seven


The images you see in this post don't have live links BUT I have linked the outside content in the descriptions for each section if you want to use the same resources!



I saw these amazing Food Portraits inspired by Guiseppe Arcimboldo on @artwithmrs.p Instagram and I had to get an activity together to do something similar. I suggested the ways to respond could be using real food, a drawing of food or a collage of food cut outs from magazines. Students could respond using whatever made the most since for what they had available to them and what their family gave them permission to use. I linked the Arcimboldo Mati and Dada episode. I found some videos that may inspire students and show a little more about process as well; for food and for collage







Student Work









This week's tutorials channels are Draw with Ian and Draw Cute. Drawing videos are always a hit. Its been nice finding new ones other than the staples we already know about. 



This week's read aloud had two Eric Carle books, The Foolish Tortoise and The Tiny Seed. I just love Eric Carle and the illustrations. Without knowing if students have paint at home I wanted to find more than just painted paper projects to go along with these books. Tortoise craft, Tiny Seed Seasons, Tiny Seed hand print flower and Tiny Seed painted paper flower






The Found Color Wheel was a hit so I was trying to figure out a way to do something similar but with value. The kids also love the Scratch Garden Value song so why not work in Value for this week's Art Appreciation? Like I've done with other Art Appreciation activities I have a separate slides for K-2 and 3-5. For K-2, I linked the Value Song. For the activity I asked students to first search for their favorite color with a color wheel to look at. Then I encouraged students to create a value scale with their found objects. For 3-5 I also linked the Value Song and also included the KQED Value video. Along with those videos I encouraged students to first try and figure out what type of value scale they can or would like to create based on what materials they have around the house. To draw one I suggested materials like pencil, crayon, colored pencils, pen/marker, paint and linked helpful videos to go along. If more traditional materials are not available, I encouraged students to find other materials to create a value scale with and showed them various found object or food related value scales. I also linked a video using coffee to paint with. 











This week's Studio Tour was by far my favorite of all the weeks of remote learning! I interviewed my students (a few 3rd-5th art club kids) and had them walk through the process of interpreting an artwork using my work as the subject. They did such a fantastic job! If you have time I highly encourage you to watch! If you think it would be useful to your students in any capacity PLEASE share! If you're interested in the previous videos the playlist is here. To find out more about the Studio Tours check out this post!



I have one more week so stay tuned for one more Choice Board and maybe some summer posts as I reflect and plan for next year (I mean really though, how can we plan when things seem to change moment to moment!?)

Comments